29 September 2010

TIA

Well, chaps, I have finally made it to Nairobi after about a gatrillion hours in airports and on numerous planes. Sleep total since Sunday evening: about four hours. And it's now Wednesday, 29 Sept, 2010 at 5.12 p and I have to wake up in about 12 hours to make my flight to Zanzi. Don't you just love it when mothers schedule your flights for ridiculous times? ;)

And since I have no ability to sleep on flights, I ended up watching abooooout 6 films? They, and my reactions to them, are as follows:
  • Sherlock Holmes - even though I despise Jude Law, I'm pretty much hooked on the franchise. And the fact that Stephen Fry was just announced to be attached to the sequel (PLEASE, let it be Professor Moriarty!) makes me even more excited.
  • Date Night - had seen it before, but Tina Fey and Steve Carrell never cease to impress me.
  • Avatar - Sam Worthington. Enough said.
  • Iron Man 2 - I was on a Robert Downey Jr binge. Haven't seen the first one, so obviously had no idea the background for any of this shit, but RDJ can really do no wrong. Unless it's Less Than Zero, which was just... wrong.
  • How to Train Your Dragon - blissful brain candy. And who wouldn't want to listen to a whole movie where you get to hear the Scot-ness of Gerry Butler and Craig Ferguson? 
Ok, so there were about 5, although I feel as I'm forgetting one, so that list could vary. Right now, just kind of vegging out in the hotel, getting ready to order room service for dinner, watch last night's Glee (BRITNEY! Thank you, Wi-fi!), and maybe an episode of Supernatural. Who knows? Hopefully the next update or two will be a little less Western/consumerist and a bit more about re-adjusting to life back in Africa.

Miss you all.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment